Easy way to Tell a fake AirPods Pro or AirPods? (is your AirPods Pro or AirPods Fake?) You will be able to tell if your AirPods are fake easily on this page and as well as several surefire methods to spot fake AirPods. Well, they are a lot of AirPods and AirPods Pro that seem too good to be true.
Furthermore, you will get to know how to check if AirPods are real so that you can avoid falling for knock-off AirPods. You just have to know the quick fake AirPods identification method and then the science experiment way.
Fake AirPods vs Original: Unique Apple Features Check
With the serial number in your AirPods, you can quickly use it to verify the authenticity, but it is no longer a foolproof method. When to your iPhone, below are the steps you need to spot a fake AirPods Pro or AirPods Quickly:
- Lunch settings on your iPhone
- Click Bluetooth.
- Ensure the AirPods you are checking are connected
- Then tap the i-icon next to the AirPods.
- An original AirPods will have many features like Noise Control, Ear Tip Fit test, and more.
- Once you scroll downward, you will see the option to View in Find Me.
- While it is possible to add third-party headphones to Find Me, They Would show up in the Items tab. Real AirPods show up in the Devices tab.
What you have above is one of the best ways to know authenticate your AirPods and Cannot do this, check out the other methods in this content. Apart from these methods, the scientific method should help you identify fake AirPods Max, and AirPods, sign up for our Tip of the Day newsletter.
How to Check an Apple AirPods Serial Number
Fake AirPods Pros or AirPods can be spotted easily via serial numbers. Begin by making sure that the serial number on the actual AirPods is. When your AirPods. If your AirPods serial number doesn’t match, your AirPods may be fake.
- Find the serial number on the packaging box that your AirPods came in. If you no longer have the box, Skip this step.
- Find the serial number on your AirPods. It should be on the inside of your AirPods charging case.
- Visit the official website for AirPods serial number checker at https://checkcoverage.apple.com/hk/en/
- Enter the serial number and the verification code, then tap Continue
- As you can see, my real Apple AirPods Preshow up. I Bought mine refurbish on Amazon, so I get an expected ‘Purchase Date not Validated’ Message.
- If you enter a serial number on AirPods Pro and this window shows AirPods or Vice Versa, you likely have a fake AirPods Pro With a stolen serial number.
That is all you have to do to check your AirPods Pro serial number please remember that this is not a surefire way to spot fake AirPods because some manufacturers copy serial numbers from original AirPods. However, the likelihood of this is low.
How to See If AirPods Are Real by Checking the Packaging
An important step in checking if AirPods are original is taking a closer look at the packing. Just like mentioned above, the serial number of your AirPods should be the same on the box and inside the charging case. Then, go through the text for types, fake logos, and unusual colors. Yes, Apple’s packaging is also always super snug and perfectly neat.
If you hold the lid of the box, the bottom part will slide our show to See If AirPods Are Real by Checking the Packaging way and smoothly. If you notice that the box isn’t sturdy or feels loose, you may have fake AirPods. Take a close look at the labels.
Apple tends to use several different labels per product, for example, the label with the serial number will be separate from the label describing compatibility. Fake AirPods manufacturers may put all the information on one label and not take as much car to position it perfectly centered and straight.
How to Tell If AirPods Pros Are Fake by Performing a Physical Check
There are several physicals that you perform to make sure your AirPods or AirPods Pro is real. Apple AirPods charge via a lightning port, so if your AirPods have a different port, that’s a big clue that they are fake. Plus, an authentic Apple AirPods lightning port is lined with metal.
Most fake AirPods will look almost identical to the real ones, which is why software and serial number checks are the better way to go. However, if you want to get authenticated AirPods to do a side-by-side physical comparison, you could be able to spot a fake by differences in the gills, color, text font, lights, shape, and case fit.
How to know an original AirPods using Science
In science class, they have all tried fun experiments, but this one doesn’t require beakers, hot plates, or even a measuring cup.
Apple AirPods and AirPods Pro have magnetic parts that you can only find in the original AirPods usually don’t This method does not work on AirPods Max. If you have AirPods place one on a flat surface and hold the other one in your hand. Bring the acoustics outlets close together and notice if the magnet repels.
You will have to remove the AirPods tips, and for the same process to see it there is a magnetic reaction for Pro models. To be frank, some models of fake AirPods may also repel, so this is not an exact science, pun intended.