Hairdressing or Barbing jobs in Canada with visa sponsorship have never been easier to get. You can now apply for hairdressing and barbering Jobs in Canada with a Free Visa Sponsorship. Yes, you can easily do that with the information available here; without further adieu, let’s get Started.
Who are Hairdressers and Barbers?
So, let’s start by talking about who a barber and a hairdresser are, sort of like a brief intro before the main course.
A barber is a person who specializes in cutting, shaving, grooming and styling hair, be it on the beard or the head.
Hairdressers cut or style people’s hair using various techniques and tools to get the customer’s desired style.
Types of Hairdresser Job and Salary
- Travelling hair stylist: For this, you are constantly moving, and you get to see a lot and tend to many customers. Possible salary- $30,000-$50,000 per year
- Hotel hair stylist: In this job, you get to work in a hotel as the “in-house” stylist. Possible salary- $20,000-$40,000 per year
Responsibilities of a Person Working Full-Time or Part-time Hairdressing/Barbing Jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship
Under this category, we have a list showcasing the responsibilities of a hairdresser or barber working in Canada. Also, the duties will be explained.
- As a hairdresser, you should easily understand what the customer wants from their description.
- Washing and sterilizing of tools after they have been used and before use
- Shampooing, conditioning, and drying of your client’s hair
- Providing hair-related advice to your client (try not to press your idea onto the client)
- Operating the cash register (if one is available in your workplace) and giving out receipts to clients.
- They are talking to clients to understand their needs( could be regarding a hair-based disease or a preferred shampoo).
Benefits of Working in a Canada Hairdressing/Barbing with Visa Sponsorship
As a barber or a hairdresser, there are many benefits to look forward to. Although most people look at the opportunity for freelancing and are satisfied, let’s shed some light on the other benefits of this line of work.
- You get to meet so many people that could significantly improve your life.
- Ability to express yourself creatively: As a hairdresser/barber, on every client you get, you have the opportunity to test your skills and express your creativity
- Lots of available jobs: Another great thing is job availability; wherever you go, a barber will always be a necessity, and jobs will always be available for you.
- Flexible Schedule: As a barber/ hairdresser, you can create your schedule, making things much more accessible.
- Job Satisfaction: If hair is what you love working with, you will certainly enjoy your job and the freedom you gain from doing it.
Type of Visa to Apply for to Get a Canada Visa Sponsorship Hairdressing/Barbing Job
Good news, as a barber or hairdresser, there are loads of visa opportunities for you. Along with listing them out, we will also state the necessities to acquire them.
- Permanent Entry Visa- With this visa, you get to live, work and study during your time in Canada.
- Work Permit Visa- This is a particular kind which most workers go for; it lets you work in Canada as long as you have an employer already.
Requirements to Apply for Canada Hairdressing/Barbing Visa Sponsorship Jobs
The requirements to work as a hairdresser in Canada, we have listed them all out to make looking through them a lot easier. Moreover, we’ve categorized it for you.
- A high school diploma or GED certificate
- Associate Degree in Cosmetology (not all employers ask for this)
- Completion of state-approved cosmetology program
- State License
- Ability to stand for long periods
- The ability to work quickly or under pressure
- An excellent eye for detail and creativity
- Ability to follow instructions exactly
- Quick learning and adaptability
- Effective Communication skills
- Excellent customer service
- Good with handling children
Where to Find Hairdressing and Barbing Jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship
In your search for a hairdressing or Barbing job in Canada, we have some websites that can make it easier for you. In addition, you could also try asking those around you to help you with networking
- Lastly, you could try checking the Glassdoor app on the Play Store or the App Store; they have an easy-to-use UI and search engine.
How to Apply for Hairdressing and Barbing Jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship
To apply for a hairdressing/ Barbing job in Canada, there are quite a few steps to follow and some things you need along the way, which include:
- Determine your eligibility: To do this, you could look at our list of job requirements and see if you fulfil them all. Also, look at the responsibilities and be sure you are capable of doing everything.
- Research work permit options: You can do this by searching online or asking friends. Try to identify the visa or program that works best for you.
- Search for jobs and submit your CV (Curriculum Vitae): Your next step is easy; you can use our links provided above; they should make your job search a lot easier. In addition, when filling out your CV, be sure to let your good qualities shine.
- Find an employer: This is one of the most critical steps. After a while, you should get emails from people interested in hiring you. Look at all and pick what’s best for you. Your employer is necessary as they can sponsor your work permit.
- Apply for a work permit: After finding an employer, you can apply for your work permit and provide all the documents required. You may wait for a while
- Prepare for relocation: Pack your luggage, find a place to stay, book a flight, get the money you’ll need and all other things you feel are necessary.
- Start work: This is the end; impress your employer with your skills and get to work at the appropriate time.
- A valid passport or travel document allows you to return to your home country.
- Proof of job offer from a Canadian employer, such as a copy of the offer letter or contract.
- A positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) from the employer (if required).
- Evidence of qualifications, education, and work experience that support your eligibility for the job.
- Proof of financial means to support yourself and any family members accompanying you during your stay in Canada.
- Police certificates and other documents demonstrating your good character and compliance with Canadian immigration requirements.
- Completed application forms, such as the IMM 1295 Application for Work Permit Made Outside of Canada.
- Digital photographs that meet the specific requirements of the Canadian government.
- Biometric information, if required.
FAQs About Becoming a Hairdresser and Barber in Canada
Under this, we have questions frequently asked by people in similar positions to you and answers to them.
Question: What documents do I need while applying?
Answer: Above, you will see the necessary documents for your visa application.
Question: Will equipment be provided, or must I get them?
Answer: That depends; as a freelancer, you must get your equipment, but working under an individual, all gear should be available.
Question: Am I allowed to create freedom?
Answer: You’ll have to ask the client to allow you freedom; in most cases, clients will let you know you’ve built a relationship with them.
Question: What do I do regarding the language barrier?
Answer: Most Canadians are pretty fluent in English. Although, it’s a good idea to learn French before heading to Canada.
At the end of this article, we hope you have found what you were looking for about your hairdressing and Barbing job in Canada. Also, you can consider going through our other articles while searching for more jobs in Canada.