People find it hard to get a tinted car permit in Nigeria, but through the information available here you will be able to obtain it. With the help of the permit, you will be able to avoid any trouble concerning a tinted car with law enforcement.
Benefits of Tinted Windows In Your Car
- Health status: Tinted windows can help reduce glare from the sun, headlights of other vehicles, and reflective surfaces, which can improve visibility and reduce eye strain. This can be particularly beneficial when driving in bright sunlight or at night.
- Privacy and Security: Tinted windows help in providing privacy by making it more difficult for people outside to see inside the car. This can help protect your personal belongings from thieves and enhance your sense of security.
- Reduce Heat Reduction: Tinted windows can help reduce the amount of heat that enters your car and sunny weather.
- UV Radiation Protection: Tinted windows block a substantial portion of the sun’s harmful ultraviolet (UV) rays. UV rays can cause skin damage, and increase the risk of skin cancer. Tinted windows can help protect you and your vehicle’s interior.
How To Apply for a Tinted Car Permit In Nigeria
Follow the steps below to apply for a tinted permit in Nigeria:
- Visit the website of the Nigeria Police Force’s Website to register for a Tint Glass Permit.
- Then you can fill in the necessary information needed from you and Click on “submit”.
- After the login password is provided you can upload proof of ownership and driver’s license,
- Give the correct details of your car.
- you will have to fill in your car insurance number and then upload all the necessary documents in the provided portal.
- Click on the submit and print out the page,
- After, that you can submit the printed copy to your nearest police headquarters.
Once you give your printout to the Police Headquarters ICT department, you will be required to register for capturing and biometrics of your fingers.
After the capture, a paper will be given to you with the inscription: “UNDER PROCESSING WITH SIGNATURE & DATE“. Before 3 to 5 working days your permit will be approved. you can visit any Nigeria Police Force’s Headquarters and Apply in person
How Much is a Tinted Glass Permit in Nigeria
The amount of money you have to pay to get a tinted permit in Nigeria varies depending on the type of vehicle and the type of tint you want to apply for. The present price range is from N10,000 to N30,000
- Saloon cars: N10,000 for factory-fitted tinted glass and N20,000 for after-market tinted glass.
- Sports Utility Vehicles (SUVs): N15,000 for factory-fitted tinted glass and N25,000 for after-market tinted glass.
- Trucks and Buses: N20,000 for factory-fitted tinted glass and N30,000 for after-market tinted glass.
well, the fees may increase or decrease based on government policies, and additional charges may apply in the applications later.
Is a Tinted Permit compulsory In Nigeria?
if you want Tinted glass in your car you need a permit. The Nigerian government has implemented strict regulations about the use of tinted windows on vehicles, and failure to comply with these regulations can result in other issues.