How to Use Backtrack on Apple Watch to Retrace Your Steps – You can use the Compass app’s Backtrack feature to track your route and then help you retrace your steps in a situation when you get lost.
However, you can only make use of this feature on the Apple Watch Ultra, Apple Watch SE, and Apple Watch Series 6 and later models running WatchOS 9.
What is Compass Backtrack on Apple Watch?
On Apple Watch SE and Apple Watch Series 6 and able, you will be able to create Compass Waypoints and then find the distance and direction between them and use Backtrack to retrace your steps back. If you remove the Compass app from your iPhone, it will be also removed from your Apple Watch.
How Does Backtrack Work on Apple Watch?
Backtrack makes use of the GPS on your Apple to create a Virtual breadcrumb trail of your route so you do not have to worry about keeping track of where you are heading.
Apple believes the backtrack is designed to be used in remote settings, away from a familiar place like your home or workplace, and outside densely populated areas without Wi-Fi, but they’re nothing stopping you from using it anywhere you need it.
How to Use Backtrack on Apple Watch to Retrace Your Steps
How to Use Backtrack on Apple Watch to Retrace Your Steps? Below you will be able to know how to use the backtrack feature in WatchOS 9. Well, the accuracy of backtracking may be hindered by metal watch bands.
Here are the steps:
- Lunch the Compass app on your Apple Watch.
- Tap the footprints icon in the bottom-right of the screen, then tap Start to begin recording your route.
- If necessary, scroll down and tap Allow Once to allow Compass to access your Recent Locations.
- When you’re ready to retrace your steps, tap the pause icon in the bottom-right of the screen, then tap Retrace Steps.
- Your starting location will appear on the compass, and a bouncing white arrow will point you in the right direction. The path back to the starting point will appear within the compass circle as a white line. Follow the path back to return to where you first turned on Backtrack.
- When you’ve arrived at your starting location, tap the footsteps icon again, then tap Delete Steps.
The Compass app also lets you create Compass Waypoints while you’re on the move In WatchOS 9. And you can also use it in combination with Backtrack.
Frequent Ask Question
How do you retrace Apple’s steps?
Compass on the watch and click on the button with two footprints located in the lower right corner of the clock face. Once this option is activated, you must press the start return. In the event location access is requested, users will need to agree to continue recording steps while walking.
Is there a way to retrace steps on an iPhone?
Visit the “Significant Locations” at the bottom. Enter your passcode if prompted, or verify with Touch ID or Face ID. Scroll down and you will see a “History” section that lists places you have been.
How do I record a walking route on my Apple Watch?
You can turn on route tracking when you set up your Apple Watch, or at any time you like: On your Apple Watch: Open the Settings app, go to Privacy > Locations Services, tap Apple Watch Workout, then tap While Using the App.
Can my Apple Watch track my steps?
You can track steps directly on your Apple Watch via the Fitness app, or on the Fitness app or Health app for iPhone. If you want to see the number of steps you’ve taken each day without having to tap through the Fitness app on your Apple Watch. From there you can add a pedometer complication to your Watch face.
Can an iPhone track everywhere you go?
Your iPhone tracks your real-world movements and you can view where you’ve been on a hidden map. The little-known feature is buried deep.