With a few steps, you will be able to register your business name with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC). Do you know how to Register a Business Name with CAC Online? CAC is an agency in Nigeria that manages private and public business registration.
Any business name with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC)is known to be legit. It offers a business license to keep on operating. Approval from the Corporate Affairs Commission is also needed for foreign companies in Nigeria. But the Approval is not compulsory for small businesses.
You need the certificate if you are running a public company or a small enterprise with a prospective growth prospect. To secure your business name it is advisable to register your business name with CAC as soon as possible.
How to Register a Business Name with CAC Online
To register your Business name in Nigeria online with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) for the steps below:
- Go to their official webpage at cac.gov.ng
- Check if your Business name is valid and available for registration.
- If it is available Reserve your business name.
- Now click on the sign up to create an account with the CAC Select Create account
- Make payment for the business name reservation. A fee of ₦500 or ₦5,000 (It depends on the type of Business/Company).
- Click on the pre-incorporation button to register your company with your business name availability code
- Sign in to your CAC account and fill out the CAC business registration form
- Then make payment for the business registration. A fee of ₦7,500 to ₦20,000 (It depends on the type of Business/Company).
- Provide your original copies of your personal and business document, then click on “Submit”
With the information above you will be able to register your business online.
CAC Business Registration
Business owners can register their businesses online through the CAC registration portal. There is no need to pay an Agent to assist you with the enrollment. You can choose to run the registration in their physical office just locate the nearest one to your location.
Company Limited by Guarantee (LTD/GTE), Public Liability Companies (PLC), and Incorporated Trustees need a legal practitioner for the company registration with CAC. The period you need to get your business name registered is over 1 week.
What Type of Business Can You Register With CAC?
Not all types of businesses you can register to the Corporate Affairs Commission in Nigeria, there are specific types of businesses/companies you can register in Nigeria.
- Companies Limited by Guarantee
- Private Limited Company (LTD)
- Unlimited Companies
- Public Limited Company (PLC)
Those are the type of businesses you can register with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC)
What Do I Need to Register My Business With CAC
There are certain requirements you need to meet before your business can be registered. Here are the requirements to register your business name with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC):
- Business Documents
- Business Name Availability
- Registration Fee
- CAC Application Form
- Passport Photograph
- National Identification Number (NIN)
- Birth Certificate
- Driver’s License
- International Passport
Once you have what is listed above you are good to go in the registration of your business.