To measure your SpO2 or Blood Oxygen level with the Samsung galaxy watch 5 and galaxy watch 5 Pro follow the information available below. There are tons of features in Samsung’s latest Galaxy Watch 5 series. However, with the Galaxy Watch 5, you can track several health features including SpO2 or blood oxygen level tracker.
If you are a user of the Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 and you want to check your blood oxygen level, then this guide is for you. you will find everything you need regarding how to measure blood oxygen on Galaxy Watch 5. The Galaxy Watch 5 health tracking sensors are far better than the Galaxy Watch 4.
The reason for this is that the curved sensor designs closer to your skin and shows accurate data. It is better to have a good understanding of blood oxygen or SpO2 before the explanation in the actual guide.
What is Blood Oxygen Level?
Blood Oxygen level is the amount of oxygen circulation in your blood. Blood oxygen is also known as SpO2, which in full means (Saturation of percutaneous oxygen). The blood oxygen levels indicate how effectively your blood is carrying oxygen throughout your body. It also relates to your breathing efficiency.
Blood oxygen levels are measured in percentages, which represent the percentage of hemoglobin in your red blood cells that are oxygenated.
Which blood oxygen level is ok
The normal blood oxygen level or SpO2 level for a healthy person is between 95% and 100%. In COPD or other lung diseases, the range can be different which you will know from doctors. SpO2 levels below 95% can occur due to a disease. If the SpO2 level is less than 88% it is considered critical.
Below is how you can measure SpO2 levels with Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 and Galaxy Watch 5 Pro. Here are the prerequisites that you need to follow first.
What is required of your Samsung watch
Here are the things you need to do:
- Install the Samsung Health app on your phone
- Make sure you rest at least 5 minutes before measuring the Spo2 level
- Wear your watch about a finger’s width below your wrist joint for a snug fit.
With that, you are good to carry out your blood oxygen level measures.
Check out: How to use Gboard on Samsung Galaxy Watch 5
How to Check Blood Oxygen on Samsung Galaxy Watch 5
The Blood Oxygen feature on the Galaxy Watch 5 is enabled automatically in all regions and on all Android phones. These are the steps you can follow to check your blood oxygen level.
- Go to the Watch Face display by tapping the top button
- Now swipe from the right edge to the left until you find the Blood Oxygen tile
- If the blood oxygen level tile is not available by default then you will locate the Add Tiles option after the last tile. But if it is available jump to the next step.
- Click on Add tile and choose the Blood Oxygen tile and add it to the preferred location.
- Once the Blood Oxygen tile is available, get ready for the measurement.
- To get accurate results, the watch should be away from the Wrist joint place your elbow on the table, and hold your wrist near your heart.
- Then tap on the Measure button and stay still until it gives the result.
- When it is 100%, you will see the results that will show your blood pressure in percentage.
Yes, you can also check for the result history on the Samsung Health app on your phone.
What if my Blood Oxygen level is low?
If Your Blood Oxygen level is lower than normal (96-100%) then it is called hypoxemia. And in case of lower blood oxygen levels, you should consult with a doctor. You can also carry out the test two to three times to conclude the accurate result.
Although the Galaxy Watch 5 comes with a blood oxygen feature, it doesn’t show accurate data every time. As mentioned in the note the watch even shows a SpO2 level below 90% which can’t be the case if you feel good. So, it is preferred to use a specific device made for this purpose like Oximeter.
Is Galaxy Watch 5 SpO2 level test Legit
The Galaxy Watch 5 SpO2 is not 100% legit. This is basically because it was not specially built for that purpose alone. It is not advised to completely rely on the Blood Oxygen result of the Galaxy Watch 5. Samsung also discloses a note not to rely on the data on the Watch as the result can vary as it depend on various conditions.
With the complete guide on how to measure blood oxygen level on Galaxy Watch 5. You will be able to get 80% correct to a normal oximeter. In case of any queries then let us know in the comment section.